We recognize that your privacy is important and hope this will help you make an informed decision about sharing personal information with us.
Information We Collect
The information that you are asked to provide to GibbsDirect.com, whether personally identifiable or not, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you on the website at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
Personally Identifiable Information
GibbsDirect.com collects personally identifiable information from visitors to our website only on a voluntary basis. Personal information collected on a voluntary basis may include, name, postal address, email address, company name and telephone number.
When you initiate the purchase of an item on the GibbsDirect.com website you will be asked to register for a “Customer Account”, and we may ask for your contact information.
This contact information is also collected if you request information from us, sign up to join our email list, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, complete our contact form or request some other service or information from us.
Other Personal Information
You may also choose to provide other types of personal information to us including:
- Personal or business contact information such as social media profile links, name of your company or department, and your business function or title;
- Demographic information (such as age, gender);
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our sites;
- Information you provide by interacting with us through our website, including by submitting questions through our online forms or surveys;
- Information provided by interacting with us through our social media network pages;
- Contact information of individuals with whom you would like to share our content;
- Payment information (such as account or credit card number for processing through our third party payment processor);
In some cases, we may collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. The information collected is used solely for internal review and not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes.
GibbsDirect.com collects and processes payment information from customers to complete order transactions. This payment information is collected in a confidential and responsible manner, in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) and the Payment Application Data Security Standards (PA-DSS). More information on the PCI Standards can be found on the PCI Council’s website at https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/
All payment information you provide is encrypted, transmitted and protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technologies. It is then securely processed by our third-party online payment processor.
During the online transaction process we do not have access to or retain full debit card numbers, credit card numbers or Card Verification Values/Codes (CVV/CVC).
We never ask for and will never ask for debit card pins or credit card pins.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for a variety of business purposes but most importantly to complete customer order transactions, improve the content of our website, notify our visitors and customers of updates, respond to visitor inquiries, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
The following is a list of ways we use website visitor and customer information:
- To provide access to our online store and website and to operate and maintain it.
- To complete customer order transactions.
- To fulfill and deliver customer orders and provide you with order updates.
- To create and manage online customer accounts allowing you to access your order history.
- To communicate with our customers (by email or phone) for customer service purposes.
- To provide you with information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- To improve, personalize, and expand our online store and website
- To develop new services, features, and functionality for our online store and website.
- To understand how our visitors and customers use our online store and website via analysis of website statistics and trends.
- To protect our customers against fraud and unauthorized transactions.
The information collected is internally reviewed and then discarded or stored in our files. If we make material changes in the collection of personally identifiable information, we will inform you by placing a notice on our site. Personal information received from any visitor will be used only for internal purposes and will not be sold or provided to third parties.
How We Secure The Information We Collect
We have implemented industry-accepted administrative, physical, and technology-based security measures to help protect against lost, misuse and alteration of your personal information in our possession and under our control. We ensure that our employees, contractors, and third-party service providers who have access to personal information in our systems acknowledge their obligations and commit to safeguarding that information.
All information passed to and from the GibbsDirect.com website is secured and protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technologies. This keeps the internet connection between our website and our website visitors secure at all times, preventing any external parties from reading and/or modifying any information being transferred, including personal or financial information.
All payment information you provide to the GibbsDirect.com website is encrypted, transmitted and protected by Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption technologies. It is then securely processed by our third-party online payment processor.
While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100 percent secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. We strongly encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account information (including your personal information), including by:
- Reviewing your GibbsDirect.com account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses
- Using a complex password that includes a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric and cAsE sEnsitive characters
- Not using the same password for more than one online account
- Not sharing your password
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device
- Signing out/logging off the GibbsDirect.com website once you have completed your session or transaction so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer
If you become aware of any potentially fraudulent activity on the GibbsDirect.com website, or in an email or text message you receive, please forward the information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1 (246) 227-4567 so that we can follow up.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your Web browser; however, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the site.
A web beacon is a transparent image file used to monitor your journey around a single website or collection of sites. They are also referred to as web bugs and are commonly used by sites that hire third-party services to monitor traffic. They may be used in association with cookies to understand how visitors interact with the pages and content on the pages of a web site.
Browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent. Privacy software can be used to override web beacons. Taking either of these actions shouldn’t cause a problem with our site, should you so choose.Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is directed to adults; it is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.Release of Information
If GibbsDirect.com is sold, the information we have obtained from you through your voluntary participation in our site may transfer to the new owner as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue. In that event, you will receive notice through our website of that change in control and practices, and we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the purchaser honors any opt-out requests you might make of us.How You Can Correct or Remove Information